Through college I have grown my faith in Christ tremendously. I have learned to turn to him in rough situations and to build a true relationship with him. I was doing my devotional and I was really led by the Holy Spirit to share it with my readers. So, here it goes!
4) Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say again: Rejoice! 5) Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6) Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7) And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.
- Man people will be watching you in your hard times, so therefore we must handle our situations differently than everyone else.
- God is right there by our side when we face difficult times, but it is so easy for us to forget that he is there because we are so focused on the problem.
- Knowing that God is with is should give us a sense of peace.
- Jesus died on the cross for our sins and through that, continued to have great faith and joy. At all times, but especially when we are thinking of your situation, we should remember this so that we do not grow weary or fearful. (Hebrews 12:2-3)
- Don’t continue to stress about your situation, but instead pray.
- Worrying will never have any good side affects. It will often times turn you away from God and what he says in his Word. It instead make you focus on the problem
- One of my favorite sayings:
“You can’t worry and pray”
- Prayer is so powerful and it gives you the opportunity to talk to God. He wants to hear from you and have a conversation.
- But when you do pray, bee thankful. Thank Him for what he has done and what he will do in your life.
- God is amazing and through hime you can have peace knowing that he is faithful and never let you down.
- He will protect you and keep you at all times.
- Choose joy through the good and bad times, even when it seems that there is nothing to be joyful about.
God, I have encountered many obstacles and tests. Some I have passed and some I have failed because of my lack of faith in you and forget to choose joy. So, God I am coming to you to ask that next time I find myself in a tough spot, that I remember you and all that your son encountered to set me free. Guide me and help me to pray without ceasing instead of worrying, to be thankful, to choose joy, and to remember your everlasting peace and protection. In Jesus Name,
Don’t forget to follow and if you have any prayer requests, feel free to put them in the comment section below!